Thanks to all who joined the August 26th Town Hall. Be sure to look out for weekly invitations to upcoming Town Hall meetings. You can register now here for next week’s Town Hall on September 2 featuring CCIC Senior Fellow Jeff Bailey and Matt Lundgren from Billings Leadership Foundation. As always, feel free to share with your network.
We have included the Town Hall recording below as well as each of the previous weekly Town Halls.
-Peter Wehner, VP of the Ethics and Public Policy Center
-Eric Geary, Marcus Patrick and David Cozart fro mLexington Leadership Foundations.
PREVIOUS TOWN HALLS:
-LF Founder Reid Carpenter on the beginnings of the LF movement
-Sinclaire Williams on the work of One By One Leadership Foundation in Immokalee, FL
-Father James Alison on shame
Noah Baskett on the relaunch of a Leadership Foundation in Tacoma, WA
Eric Geary with updates on the LF Activation Fund
– Urban ministry legend Ray Bakke
-Johnny Hughes from Indian Ministries Leadership Foundations
-Dan Cardinali on “Trust In Civil Society”
-Ben Sand from The Contingent in Portland, OR
-Pastor Tyrone Stevenson, Senior Pastor at Hope City Church in Brooklyn, NY
-Sam Rajshekhar, Director of the YuvaLok Leadership Foundation in Bangalore, India
-Bobby Arias and Blinky Rodriguez from Champions In Services of San Fernando Valley and Greater Los Angeles on the work they are doing for their city
-Pancho Argüelles, Executive Director of Living Hope Wheelchair Association shared his work and thoughts on community and intentional solidarity.
-Joel Furrow from leads The Root Cellar, Leadership Foundation of Lewiston joined us from Maine to talk about the great work they are doing to meet the needs of their city.
-Dave Hillis and Cornelius Williams in conversation about authentic community
-Stephanie Summers, CEO of The Center for Public Justice.
-Wil McCall, President of Dallas Leadership Foundation
-Eric Geary sharing updated data about the activation of our network to respond to the needs of their cities
-Anne Snyder , Editor in Chief of Comment Magazine in conversation with co-hosts Cornelius Williams and Dave Hillis
-De la Harpe le Roux from Towers of Hope Leadership Foundation on the work they are doing in Bloemfontein, South Africa.
-Tod Bolsinger from Fuller Theological Seminary on resilient leadership during crisis
-Torrey Bates, Executive Director of For The Kingdom Camp out of Memphis Leadership Foundation on the work he and his team have done to serve 1,000 meals per week.
-Tod’s E-Book: Leadership For A Time Of Pandemic
-Leadership Foundations blog post by Dave Hillis: What Can We Do Together?
-Pittsburgh Leadership Foundation Statement: What We Have In Common
-Ambassador Tony Hall on hunger and food justice
-Mario Matos sharing the work Singergia Leadership Foundaiton is doing in Santo Domingo
-David Hawn of Urban Ventures with an update from Minneapolis
-Maria Orozco from The Bridgespan Group diving into strategies and tactics to help with nonprofit scenario planning efforts
-Lee Kricher from Pittsburgh Leadership Foundation sharing the work they are doing to feed the vulnerable.
-Cornelius William from Resurgence: The Leadership Foundation of Atlanta shared an appreciation for partner Whitworth University on behalf of the LF network.
Click here to view the recording. Make sure to check out “Making Sense of Uncertainty: Nonprofit Scenario Planning in the COVID-19 Pandemic” from Bridgespan and the Scenario Planning Tool Maria shared.
-Jon Eisele from Deloitte LLP on strategic planning
-Chris Martin from Knoxville Leadership Foundation on the incredible work being done in Tennessee.
-Eric Geary with an energizing update on the LF COVID-19 Activation Fund
– Dr. William Storrar on leadership during the current normal of the COVID-19 crisis and what he believes is a profound opportunity for leaders to reimagine a post-pandemic future
– Jay Schindler from Miami Valley Leadership Foundation updating us on what is happening in Dayton, OH and how MVLF is responding.
-And an update on the LF COVID-19 Activation Fund and funding opportunity in partnership with Whitworth University
May 6 Town Hall featuring:
– A Funding Opportunity for Local Leadership Foundations in partnership with Whitworth University
– Lisa Lampman and Bianca Singleton updating us on the response from the LF Mentoring network
– Lina Thompson, Senior Pastor at Lake Burien Presbyterian Church
April 29 Town Hall featuring:
– Doug Holladay, Founder & CEO, PathNorth
– Wilna De Beer, Tshwane Leadership Foundation, Pretoria, South Africa
– Leadership Foundations COVID-19 Campaign
April 22 Town Hall featuring:
– Rev. Dr. Terry McGonigal, Director of the Office of Church Engagement, Whitworth University
– Larry Lloyd, Memphis Leadership Foundation
– Leadership Foundations Impact Analysis Results
April 15 Town Hall featuring:
– Noel Castellanos, Sr Innovation Fellow, Colangelo Carpenter Innovation Center
– Rudy Carrasco, Program Director, M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust
– Sam Skillern, Salem Leadership Foundation, Salem, OR
– Eric Geary, Lexington Leadership Foundation, Lexington, KY
April 8 Town Hall featuring:
– Dale Irvin, Sr Innovation Fellow, Colangelo Carpenter Innovation Center
– Lisa Slayton, Sr Innovation Fellow, Colangelo Carpenter Innovation Center
– Randy White, The Center for Community Transformation, Fresno, CA
April 1 Town Hall featuring:
– Dan Cardinali, President & CEO, Independent Sector
– June Carrington, Beacons of Hope, New York City, NY
– Abhishek Gier, Catalyst Leadership Foundation, Delhi, India
– Nathaniel Price, Transform Scott County, Georgetown, KY